As entrepreneurs, we are dedicated to our businesses and driven to be successful. We do not
have a set schedule or job description that is finite. The upside is that we have the freedom to
work when and where we want to do what we love. The challenge can be that most of us work
more hours than if we were in a traditional job. The major challenge is to not let work run your
life because that eventually leads to burn out and health issues.
The greatest path to success is taking care of yourself.
As an Energy Healer, I facilitate my clients to a greater level of consciousness. In simple terms
they gradually become more aware of their choices in everything from how they speak, who they
hang out with, how they spend their time and most importantly they grow in awareness about
their health; physically, mentally and emotionally. This approach is great for entrepreneurs.
I want to WAKE YOU UP to your health to make powerful choices and become a Wellness
Warrior! Let your health be the guiding force of your entrepreneurial Spirit.
I am not going to list 5-10 steps to look after your health. Instead, I am going to invite you to ask yourself the following questions on a regular basis. Asking questions will make you your own Wellness Advocate. No one else can do it for us. The simplest advice I can give is to be mindful, conscious, and aware of your choices in these 4 pillars of health; Socialization, Nutrition, Exercise, and Sleep.
- When was the last time I took a full weekend off work? Or When was the last time I took a full
day off work?
- This question alone can be a life changer.
- We need to take full days off and dedicate ourselves to our lives outside of work.
- When was the last time I spoke to a good friend completely focused on the conversation?
- This question will improve your relationships. Practice being present with the ones we love.
- Work will wait and we need to water all our relationships with attention and care.
- When was the last time I went out socially with friends?
- Friendships can easily fall to the side no matter who you are and what your job is. Being with your tribe can only enrich your life and if you don’t have a tribe there are so many events held now on Meet Up or Eventbrite.
- Make time for socializing.
- What was the last nutritious meal I ate? And not in front of an electronic device?
- Pizza, sushi, and hamburgers do not count here. Make an effort to make a homecooked meal. It can be so very simple; a good protein and some vegetables.
- I highly recommend the app: Yummly. You put in the ingredients you have on hand and up comes a recipe. If you can plan an entire business, you can plan a healthy meal.
- I cannot begin to tell you the difference nutritious food will make in your life.
- What is the average number of hours I am sleeping in a week and the quality of my sleep?
- I highly recommend the app: Sleep Cycle. This App gives you great feedback on the number of hours and the quality of your sleep.
- If you don’t want to use an App it can be as simple as crawling into bed half an hour earlier than usual and turning off the light.
- When was the last time I did any exercise?
- Do I have an exercise routine?
- There is so much written on this topic and we all know exercise is important. I will just add that once I started doing Yoga and my body was finally moving a funny thing happened; there was new movement in my business. My energy was flowing better and I started writing my book and I created a whole new coaching program for women in recovery from breast cancer. You cannot underestimate what exercise will do for you in all areas of your life.
It takes moxie to be an entrepreneur to run your own business. It takes warrior energy to ask yourself these questions and follow through to maintain and improve your health.
You’ve got this – go buy some vegetables, hug someone close to you, go for a walk or a yoga
class and get some sleep!
Loving you to health,
Sharon Permack: Energy Healer, Author, Health Coach, and Wellness Advocate
Inner Balance for Health